Wednesday, 14 March 2012
We each led a session for arty pursuits.
These are the bits I made:
This was made during Wendy’s session. On pelmet vilene we stitched loads of bits in one colourway. Wendy had provided each of us with a bag of bits in different colours. When we had stitched the ‘bit's’ together, we added beads, sequins and in my case a piece of decorated tyvek.
This project was led my Mary . We dyed some pieces of Pelmet Vilene, ready to take our finished ‘snippet’ piece. Using ‘snippets’ in a sandwich of chiffon , attached to bondaweb, we free machine stitched until we happy that it was all attached.
The next stage was to burn off the chiffon using a heat gun. We the attached the piece , and finished off with sequins, beads and hand sewing. The tie was made from pelmet vilene covered with stitching and snippets.
My project was making silk paper,painting and stamping it, and turning into a book cover. I loved the colour of mine so much that I didn’t want to embroider it at all. I added some dimensional copper paint to the stamping.
Adrienne showed us how to etch metal, but unfortunately there were a couple of problems and nothing I did ‘took’. A shame, but I have metal, and some etchant mixture that Adrienne gave us all to take home to have another go!
Neet showed us how to blend colours in polymer clay, and showed us a technique called Mica Shift, which involved stamping into the clay and then shaving the raised bits off…magically you get left with the image of the stamp. This was hard to do, but with a bit of help I managed it.
Liz, the Queen of Friendly Plastic, showed us how to make miniature books,using Friendly plastic,stamps, images, foil and Magic Gloss. Really good fun, and I used my little finished book as an autograph album for the wonderful people I was with to sign in.
And here we all are
It’s been a while since I posted to my blog, been very busy, but have produced some art
Fabric paper rainbow book, Orange and Yellow:
Fabric paper, sari silk cut and stitched.
Fabric paper, stitched pieces of silk, ribbon and sequins (birds) and beads.
Wednesday, 25 January 2012
I am involved in a swap to make pages for a Rainbow Book. The pages are to be made of fabric paper, and to be only the colour of the month. This month it was RED…not one of my favourite colours to work with!
I made the fabric paper with muslin, tissue paper and a layer of organza over the top. When it was dry I gave it several coats of red paint, including some red glitter paint. When that was all dry I added a thin coat of silk paint. I then cut a piece 12inches by 6inches to make a 6x6 page. The creases in the paper showed up well, so I randomly stitched around them, and did a bit of few embroidery in the flatter areas. Searched out some red buttons from my stash and stitched them on and the machined on some red ric-rac for ‘stems’. An offcut of the fabric paper was used to tidy up along the bottom, and zig –zag stitch was used to edge.I gave the piece another coat of silk paint and that was it. Hope the person it is going to likes it.
Monday, 23 January 2012
Painted background , various stamps, words on dymo tape.
Painted background embossed using Wizard with a Sizzix Embossing Folder. Cogs are card, painted with Viva Ferro. Tim Holtz stamp. Finished with printed words and barbed wire tape.
My ATC for January. Photo is my own which I printed onto matt photo paper, and used my Wizard to transfer to the background. No idea what colours or paints I used to make the background, made it over 2 days ago LOL. I have a little dotted stamp (which I love) which I stamped on the background. I printed out the words and coloured the paper with Versa Magic chalk inks. I did intend to edge it with a Viva Pearl Pen (Silver) but that went a little wrong, so I ended up dabbing it all over with a baby wipe.
I am not posting my journal pages here at the moment, maybe later.
I have been doing other stuff as well though, postcards, atcs and a book page.
Here are some pics and short descriptions of what I did.
Background is gesso, stamped into whilst wet with a couple of different A stamps. For the big A I used string which I pressed into the wet gesso. Whilst still wet I sprayed with Aileen’s Colour Sprays, and let them run together a bit before drying. I stamped a couple of A’s using Stazon gray. The small A is a foam piece stamped and coloured with Stewart Gill Pearl paint. I also used this paint to dab onto the surface of the card.
The back was made from an already made background, to which I added a gel transfer. I then put it through the Wizard using a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, used Treasure Gold to highlight and added the ribbon to finish it off.
Background for B is acrylic paints in blues and purples. I put this through the Wizard using another Cuttlebug folder, and then stamped a similar design using a purple ink (it doesn’t show up here to well) I used Treasure Gold to highlight the embossing. The letters are both grungeboard, which luckily enough had the same swirly design. These were coloured with Viva paints and the embossing highlighted with a Sukura White Gel Pen. German Scrap was added to each side and toned down with a thin coat of Viva.
Background for this is a piece of coloured Lutrador on which I had stencilled butterflies, using moulding paste. I added several colours of treasure gold to highlight the fibres, the word and the butterfly brad.