Tuesday 25 October 2011

Alphabet ATCs–O and P

 

Latest alphabet swap ATCs.

 

O is for Opals embossing powders. These are nice thick crystals, which are not brittle when used to make tiles. I used black for the first two layers, and then sprinkled different colours for the last layer. Whilst it was still hot, I stamped into it with a Tim Holtz stamp. I  then added the sunflower to finish it off.

                         Opals

 

P is for Pear. I stamped the pear onto a piece of dyed cotton and attached it to the same dyed cotton as a background. The word pear I hand stitched (!) using a simple chain stich. The rest of the stitching was done by machine, with the thick thread in the bobbin (ie stitched from the back). I mounted the whole lot onto a piece of pelmet vilene and zig –zag stitch around it. To finish of  I painted on a little Jo Sonja’s Gold dust for subtle highlights.

 

                        Pear

1 comment:

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

G'day Annie
thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. The whole New Zealand experience was awesome indeed LOL. I'm trying to get back into blogging and blog surfing....love all your ATC's Annie
hugs
Annette In Oz