First time I have tried anything like this , but the urge took me and I just went with it.
I started by roughly stitching scrim to Pelmet Vilene, and then adding strips of torn wallpaper. This was painted with Golden liquid acrylic , Transparent Pyrrole Orange.When this was touch dry I added a coat of Nickel Azo Yellow, and when dry just a few touches of Outside the Margins 22 Karat Gold spray (added with a brush.) The silk carrier rods were also coloured with this.
I stitched the carrier rods to a piece of brown silk, just enough to hold them in place. I used some thick silk thread, which I stitched with a ‘broken’ zig- zag stitch, working two at a time, and moving from one to the other without cutting the threads (these were cut later). I then added the orange silk threads to the scrim and wallpaper background, using a zig-zag stitch. The silk rods were stitched to the background and the whole piece was then attached to a canvas, painted with Windsor and Newton raw umber acrylic.