Tuesday 14 September 2010

A Trio of Canvases

A Canvas, a transferred image, silk paper, a pipe cleaner, some wire and some beads.
I made this canvas for a metal swap. I used moulding paste on the canvas and pressed into it with a texture stamp. When it was dry I coloured it with some spilt inks from when I coloured the metal squares and a little treasure gold to highlight .I used embossing folders on 3 of the metal squares and on the one with the flower I used metal embossing tools. The flower was punched from metal. The squares were all coloured with Spirit Inks (similar to alcohol inks )used for wood staining, and mixed with meths.
Canvas was covered with various mediums and texture stamps used. When dry it was coloured with acrylics and highlighted with treasure gold, well actually pewter I think! The jigsaw pieces were coloured with the same paints and the embellishments were from my stash.


No comments: