Sunday 13 July 2008

Diamond Tip In Page

I had trouble coming up with an idea for this one. I couldn't get my head away from 'Diamonds are a girl's best friend' and Marilyn Monroe! This was to be about the shape, note the dazzlers. Eventually I came up with this.
The front was painted with a mixture of blue and green Stewart Gill paints and then embossed with a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, using the Wizard. I put it through 4 times, it was easy to line the diamonds up. The image was mounted on gold card that I'd stamped and embossed and that was mounted on a torn piece of mulberry paper.
The back was painted with green metallic acrylic. washed over with a very watered down gesso mix, which I wiped off immediately. When it dried I stamped the diamonds and used a piece of metal mesh as a stencil. It was then washed over with the gesso mix , wiped off immediately.
I mounted the image onto blue foil and attached a couple of gems. Words were stamped using a Hampton Art alphabet.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Gorgeous pages. Love how you lined up the diamonds with the embossing folder.