Friday 18 April 2008

Swirls and Flourishes ATC's



Swirls and Flourishes is the theme for Fiona's ATC swap this month.

Here is what I came up with.
Background for the green one was sticky finger sprays , which I got BOG off at Ally Pally. The swirls were stamped using Pine Needle distress ink and then the whole lot was sprayed using Moon Shadow spray. I coloured the image slightly green on the computer and edged with the same distress ink. Added the metal swirl and the jewel to finish it off.
The background on the red one was done using distress inks, Frayed Burlap and Fired Brick with a brayer. Taking the ink mostly off the brayer onto a non stick mat , lightly brayering, and picking up the ink until you get the effect you want. I stamped the swirls with Fired Brick and added a few gold dots. The image was slightly tinted pink and edged with the Fired Brick. Again added a metal swirl and a jewel.

4 comments:

Carol said...

These are gorgeous. Love the colors, swirls & images. Hope I get some in the swap. Love all the art you've posted (had a good laugh at the baby sitting lion).

Rena Sawatski said...

Annie, these are wonderful. I am sure the recipients will be thrilled with them.

charlie said...

I love them both, but mostly the 2nd one. I love swirls! And the metal swirl is the perfect element to tie it all together.

-Angela
funkycatstudio.com

Zeborah Loray said...

I need to do some stuff with swirls and flourishes. I do love them.
I like the effect you've gotten with those mists.

You've been tagged - check out my blog for details:
http://zeborahloray.blogspot.com/