Tuesday 8 April 2008

March Tip Ins


My March Travel Tip Ins went out on the last possible day, but they all flew across the pond. Problem is that you can't rely on the post always being like that lol.
I choose India as my destination.
The background for both front and back is a variation on Trish's
scraped background technique. After scraping the 3 acrylic paint colours with my plastic card, I dabbed all over with a baby wipe and gold acrylic paint. Gives it a nice shimmer, which you can't really see in the photos. I distressed an old map of India, and added the vintage images. The stamped images on the front are by Paper Artsy. I don't know who the stamp is from on the flip side. I printed the image o the Indian dancer onto Silk Paper and dabbed it with Opalite Gold Mist re-inker. I printed the quote onto offcuts of the background. I wasn't too happy with this project at first, but it has 'grown' on me.

No comments: